Stakeholder Advisory Group
Cockburn Cement is committed to continuous improvement in social, economic and environmental performance leading to sustainable practices.
To assist us in developing the environmental aspect of our sustainability plan, key stakeholder organisations were invited to nominate a representative to attend an initial Stakeholder Advisory Group workshop on 30 September 2011.
Through a series of workshops, the group helped us to identify environmental improvement projects that they will track and monitor over time. The projects identified by the Stakeholder Advisory Group form the Environmental Improvement Plan aspect of our sustainability plan and include those that they felt had the greatest impact on the community, such as odour, fugitive dust and the turbidity (plume) at Woodman Point.
The following representatives attended at least one of the three workshops held so far:
- Kwinana Industries Council - Chris Oughton
- Cockburn City Council elected members - Hon Logan Howlett
- Cockburn City Council staff - Nick Jones
- Cockburn Sound Management Council - Dr Tom Rose / Dr Kateryna Longley
- Contractor Representative - John Toft
- Beeliar Residents Association - Gordon Coxon
- Yangebup Progress Association - Carol Reeve-Fowkes
- Murdoch University - Katinka Ruthrof
- South Coogee Primary School - Margaret Marriott
- Local State Government Member - Hon Francis Logan
- Clarity Communications - Anthony Hasluck
The Stakeholder Advisory Group will report the progress of environmental improvements to the broader community via our quarterly Community Forums.